Contact us! (216) 633-2828
Private Infant Massage Instruction
Join trained instructor Kasey for a "hands on" newborn massage class. You will learn how to give your baby a soothing massage and how to read your infants physical and verbal cues to ensure your touch is nourishing and relaxing. These infant massage techniques will help enhance your newborn's digestion, improve circulation, promote a deeper and more restful sleep, promote bonding and many other benefits.
This private class is open to new parents and caregivers and infant to pre crawlers. Infant massage is indicated for medically stable newborn babies up to pre-crawlers. These techniques can be implemented for babies up to two years old. Pregnant, adopting, and surrogate parents are encouraged to attend.
Benefits of Infant Massage
Benefits of Infant massage for the baby:
- Improved sleep/wake behaviors
- Greater soothability
- Improved growth and development
- Improved relaxation and release of accumulated stress
- Strengthened digestive, circulatory and gastrointestinal systems
- Better performance on neurological assessment scales
- Reduced discomfort from teething, congestion, gas, colic, and emotional stress
- Improved muscle tone coordination
- Reduced blood pressure
- Improved overall health
Benefits of Infant massage for families:
- Improved ability of parents to read infant cues
- Supports a stronger bonding, attachment, and communication between parent and baby
- Helps to increase confidence in parenting
- Strengthens parenting skills
What know before your session
Please bring your baby along with a baby blanket, changing pad, and a set of clothes that has a separate top and bottoms. Be mindful that formula fed babies need at least 30 minutes after eating before receiving a massage.
What to expect from a session
- You will learn the infant massage protocol that you can implement at home
- We will go over proper massage environments and appropriate times to use these techniques
- Learn how to understand your baby's physical and verbal cues as well as ways to calm your baby
- You will learn the benefits and contraindications to infant massage
- Dolls will be provided for demonstration and practice for expecting mothers.
- All attendees will leave with a detailed booklet for reference to continue to massage at home
Schedule a Private Infant Massage Class
Private classes are available with Kasey by appointment on Thursdays and Saturdays.
Cost: $85.00 per private class
Schedule online under appointments by clicking here or give us a call to register (216) 633-2828
Infant Massage Group Class with Kristine
Date: Friday August 30th
Cost: $50.00 per person or $70 per couple
Location: The Womb Wellness Center
6200 SOM Center Road A-24
Solon, OH 44139
To Register click here