Top Five Must Read Pregnancy Books:
1. Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, by Ina May Gaskin (Really any of her books, Spiritual Midwifery, Birth Matters, or Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding)
Highlights: Other women's Birth Stories, Women's Empowerment, Getting a feeling of the deep trust in women's bodies and women's wisdom to birth naturally.
2. The Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dad's, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions, by Penny Simkin
Highlights: Wonderful break down of the various roles of a laboring women's support team, great list of comfort measures, and a general understanding of how labor works.
3. Birthing From Within, by Pam England
Hightlights: Hands down the best childbirth preparation book, creative ways to unleash and overcome fears of childbirth and prepare for birth.
4. Bountiful, Beautiful, Blissful, by Gurmukh
Highlights: Helps you to tap into the spiritual aspect of pregnancy, yoga poses and meditations to bring you back into your body and connect with your baby.
5. Wise Women Herbal for the Childbearing Year, by Susan Weed
Hightlights: A go to manual for finding natural ways to ease and eliminate pregnancy symptoms.